ApprovalsAmerican Harbor College is institutionally accredited by ABHES, Phlebotomy Technician I Program is the only current program that falls under this accreditation. The English as a Second Language Program is programmatically accredited by CEA and is excluded from ABHES’s scopeu>. What does Accreditation mean to you the student? American Harbor College works hard to maintain the standards set by various regulatory bodies. This means that the facilities meet rigorous standards, that the faculty is qualified, and that our programs meet the objectives required for a career in the field. At American Harbor College, you'll be learning what you need to know. You can be confident that you are completing an academically rigorous curriculum when you enroll in one of our accredited health care and / or language programs. The College voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners including subject specialists in occupational education and private postsecondary school administration. American Harbor College is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). The following is the contact information for ABHES: ABHES 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 N, Falls Church, VA 22043 Phone: (703) 917-9503 Additionally, American Harbor College is recognized, authorized, and/or approved, by the following agencies:
- BPPE: Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education: Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Commission of English Language Accreditation: This school is programmatically accredited for classroom delivery of ESL and Post-Advanced ESL classes.
- Department of Homeland Security: This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. (Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations Section 214.3(j))
- California Department of Health Services: Approved to provide training to qualified individuals in Phlebotomy, allowing for CPT I licensure upon graduation.
- National Center for Competency Testing: Approved as an official testing site for nationalcertification exams.
- National Healthcare Association (NHA): Approved as an official test site for national certification exams.
- NAFSA: National Association of International Educators
- TESOL: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc.
Reports and Fact Sheets2016 Bureau for Postsecondary Education Annual Report 2015 - 2016 Annual Reports
- 2016 Program: Phlebotomy Technician
- 2016 Program: Clinical Massage Therapy
- 2016 Program: English as a Second Language
- 2016 Program: English for the Business Professional
- 2016 Program: English for the Medical Profession
- 2016 Program: Conversational English
- 2016 Program: TOFEL Exam Preparation