Travel Visa

Take the next step and get answers!

Your First Name *

Your Last Name *

Your Phone Number *

Your Email *

Questions or Comments

Enter the Security Code*


By clicking above, you are giving your express written consent for American Harbor College to contact you regarding our programs and services using email, telephone or text. (**Standard rates may apply.)

Reentry Into the U.S.

Be prepared to present the following items at the port of entry into the U.S.:

I-20 (F-1 Students) With Valid Travel Signature

  • Be sure you have the I-version.
  • Your I-20 must be signed by an AHC adviser  before you leave the U.S. All students are required to obtain a travel signature that allows you to return to the U.S.
  • This signature is valid for one year (12 months) after the signature date and can be used for multiple entries.
  • To obtain a travel signature, submit your I-20 to the AHC. Your I-20 will be available for pick-up the fourteen business day. Carry all I-20s you have ever been issued, not just the most recent one.

Valid Passport

Your passport must be valid for at least six months when seeking admission or readmission to the United States, unless your country has an agreement with the United States. Your passport should remain valid throughout your stay in the U.S.

Financial Evidence

You must carry evidence detailing the source and amount of your funding. Consular and immigration officers exercise considerable discretion in determining whether your financial support is sufficient to cover all academic and living expenses.

Current Class Schedule

New Students for initial entry: bring a copy of proof of admission to the AHC.

SEVIS I-901 Fee Receipt

If you cannot find your SEVIS fee receipt, visit the Student and Exchange Visitor Program SEVIS I-901 fee processing website to request a copy of your receipt. Students with I-20 issued prior to September 1, 2004, did not pay the SEVIS fee.

Travel Within the United States

You and your dependents may be surprised to learn that federal law requires that you carry “registration” documentation at all times. This includes a basic identity document such as a passport, plus your current I-20 and I-94 card. For day-to-day purposes, we suggest you keep these documents in a secure location, such as a bank safe deposit box. However, if you are traveling within the U.S. you should carry these documents with you. If you are traveling by air, train, bus, or ship, you may be required to produce these documents before boarding. Keep photocopies of all your documents in a separate location, in the event your documents are lost or stolen.

Entry Into Another Country

Before you leave the United States, contact the consulate of the country to be visited to inquire about visa and travel procedures.

Travel After Completion of Studies

F-1 students: You have a 60-day grace peroid after the last day of your final quarter. Once you leave the U.S. (including short trips to Canada and Mexico) after completing your studies you cannot reenter the U.S. with your current I-20. The grace period is for travel within the U.S. and preparation for departure.